misc questions about a DUB package

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jul 15 11:49:09 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-15 04:20, 9il wrote:

> No. Usually, a DUB package supports a range of C library version or just
> a fixes set of C API. The version behavior of the dub package is up to
> you. Usually, D API changes more frequently than the underlying C library.
If you support a specific version of the C API, I recommend adding the
version of the C library as metadata:

0.0.1+5.3

In the above example "0.0.1" would be the version of the Dub package.
"5.3" would be the version of the C API. The plus sign and anything
after is ignored by Dub. See semantic versioning docs for more information:

https://semver.org

--
/Jacob Carlborg