std.process - avoid interaction with parent shell

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:55:52 UTC 2020

I am doing some scripting via D, and using std.process.execute to git
clone things.

I don't want any user interaction. Occasionally, I get a repository that
no longer exists (404). Then git comes up and asks for a
username/password. I want it to just fail. Apparently git has no option
to be non-interactive, it supposedly checks stdin to see if it's a tty,
and only errors if it's not.

I tried redirecting /dev/null to stdin when executing my application
(and I assumed that would pass onto the process child), but it still
asks. What am I doing wrong?

e.g.:

myapp < /dev/null
Username for 'https://github.com':