Good way to send/receive UDP packets?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:26:23 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 13:17:11 UTC, wjoe wrote:
> - Choosing a port which isn't in use right now isn't good
> enough because a few minutes later there may be another program
> using it, too, and for the same reason.

But doesn't the UDP header include the sender IP address? So
together with the magic number, shouldn't it be good enough? I
know it definitely is not going to hold against jamming or a man
in the middle, but it isn't supposed to, at this stage. It's used
only for simulations that have the criticality of a casual Tetris
server.

I do acknowledge that the needs may rise later on. And if so, I
understand that I'm much better off switching the protocol than
trying to hardening the UDP.