Good way to send/receive UDP packets?

wjoe invalid at example.com
Wed Jul 22 16:38:42 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 16:14:24 UTC, wjoe wrote:
> When receiving packets, the IP header contains the destination
> address of your public IP (the router), which it will translate
> to the local address according to the port forwarding setup.

Pardon me, I meant to say according to the current routing table
rules.
Port Forwarding forwards all packets that match the defined
criteria to the specified PC in the network.
A port forwarding rule isn't required for NAT to work. Sender and
receiver both need to send a packet to each other. This will
cause the router to add a rule and expect an answer on that port
from the destination address.
When this packet arrives before the rule has been made it will be
dropped (unless a port forwarding rule exists), so several
packets may need to be sent for a successful punch-through.