how to achieve C's Token Pasting (##) Operator to generate variable name in D?

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:42:57 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 4 June 2020 at 18:42:05 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> TBH, whenever I run into a diamond inheritance problem or
> similar, my first reaction is, I'm using the wrong tool for
> modelling my data; I should be using some kind of
> component-based system instead of OO inheritance.

I have no problem with whatever modelling technique the
programmer want to choose.

What I hate to see is: if a language does provide the OO
mechanism, but having some loop-holes that causes trouble for the
programmer who choose to use it. Esp. when these loop-holes are
crept in after the language's initial design.

(For example, I won't discuss multiple inheritance on a C forum,
it's not that language designed for.)