Looking for a Code Review of a Bioinformatics POC

duck_tape sstadick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:13:34 UTC 2020

Hi! I'm new to dlang but loving it so far! One of my favorite
first things to implement in a new language is an interval
library. In this case I want to submit to a benchmark repo:
https://github.com/lh3/biofast

If anyone is willing to take a look and give some feedback I'd be
very appreciative! Specifically if you have an performance
improvement ideas: https://github.com/sstadick/dgranges/pull/1

Currently my D version is a few seconds slower than the Crystal
version. putting it very solid in third place overall. I'm not
really sure where it's falling behind crystal since `-release`
removes bounds checking. I have not looked at the assembly
between the two, but I suspect that Crystal inlines the callback
and D does not.

I also think there is room for improvement in the IO, as I'm just
using the defaults.