Looking for a Code Review of a Bioinformatics POC

duck_tape sstadick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:11:44 UTC 2020

On Friday, 12 June 2020 at 12:02:19 UTC, duck_tape wrote:
> For speedups with getting my hands dirty:
> - Does writef and company flush on every line? I still haven't
> found the source of this.
> - It looks like I could use {f}printf if I really wanted to:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/hzcjbanvkxgohkbvjnkv@forum.dlang.org

On Friday, 12 June 2020 at 12:02:19 UTC, duck_tape wrote:

Switching to using `core.stdc.stdio.printf` shaved off nearly two
seconds (11->9)!

Once I wrap this up for submission to biofast I will play with
mem memmapping / iopipe / tsvutils buffered writers. Sambamba is
also doing some non-standard tweaks to it's outputting as well.

I'm still convinced that stdout is flushing by line.