are std.traits.FieldNameTuple and std.traits.Fields returned value always in sync?

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 20:42:03 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 20 June 2020 at 20:17:54 UTC, mw wrote:
> Are their returned value, i.e the field names and their types
> are always in the same order, and of the same length?
>
> If they are not, how to get sync-ed pairs (name, type)?
>
> If they are, why we need two separate calls, which cause
> confusion.

Yes, in the same order and of the same length. You need two
because they're not calls (and the results are not "return
values"), they're tuples constructed out of compile-time type
information, and the former (FieldNameTuple) has to generate new
symbols, which may not be desirable in cases when you don't need
the names.