What would be the advantage of using D to port some games?

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:28:15 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 19:14:48 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 18:53:34 UTC, matheus wrote:
>>

>> What I'd like to know from the experts is: What would be the
>> advantage of using D to port such games?
>>

> Can you elaborate your question a little bit more. Why would
> you want to port existing game code to another language to
> begin with?

To see how the game could fit/run in D, like people are porting
some of those games to Rust/Go and so on.

> When you mention "advantage", advantage compared to what?

To the original language the game was written. For example taking
DOOM (Written in C), in D what would be the features that someone
would use to port this game, like using CTFE to generate SIN/COS
table would be reasonable?

I'm just looking for a roughly idea of this matter.

Matheus.