Arduino and MCU Support

Dylan Graham dylan.graham2000 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 03:00:04 UTC 2020

On Friday, 19 June 2020 at 11:57:01 UTC, frasdoge wrote:
> I am looking to use D for microcontroller programming due to
> its benefits over C in workflow and general language features.
>
> I was wondering what the current state of this is, especially
> with regards to AVR. An example of the MCUs I would like to
> develop with include anything from 8 bit ATmega328p to 32 bit
> ESP32.
>
> The ESP32 can be programmed in C, C++, micropython and Lua, so
> I'm hoping there's at least some compatibility there.

I'd be pretty interested in this too. I'm currently making an
automatic transmission controller with Arduino. C++ just has too
many traps that I keep falling into. Since stability is critical
(if the code screws up at 100km/h I'm dead), I'd rather use a
sane language like D.

I'm going to look into getting it to run, but I can't promise
much and I'm busy atm.