Downloading files over TLS

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Jun 26 14:48:04 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-26 14:41, Kagamin wrote:

> Maybe just start wget or something like that?

The point was to avoid runtime dependencies.

> Since you want the latest certificate storage, you intend to support
> only the latest system. Many root certificates will timeout now.

I didn't say the latest certificate storage. I said the platform
provided. If the system provided certificate expires I guess a lot of
things won't work. An alternative would be to both ship with a
certificate and be able to use the system provided one and try both

> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winhttp/about-winhttp

I'll take a look, thanks.

--
/Jacob Carlborg