DMD: Is it possible change compile time errors to runtime errors in Dlang?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 18:43:06 UTC 2020

On 3/6/20 5:59 AM, Marcone wrote:> On Friday, 6 March 2020 at 05:31:57
UTC, Mathias Lang wrote:

 > I'm coming from Python

The fact that errors are delayed until run time is a Python deficiency.
We accept that deficiency because we also accept claimed benefits that
Python brings.

If you want to skip the compilation step, you unfortunately can not, but
you can combine compilation and execution steps with 'rdmd', which may
make it look like the errors are caught at run time:

   https://dlang.org/rdmd.html

Ali