A set type implemented as an AA wrapper

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Mar 12 16:02:14 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 08:51:24AM +0000, mark via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> YYY: The range() method is clearly not good D style but I don't know
> how to support foreach (item; aaset) ...

The usual idiom is to overload .opSlice, then you can do:

	foreach (item; aaset[]) { ... }

IOW rename .range to .opSlice.

> ZZZ: I can't figure out how to support the in operator.

Note that 'x in aa' returns a pointer, not a bool.  You could try:

	bool opBinaryRight(string op : "in")(T lhs) {
		return (lhs in set) !is null;

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.