a function like writeln that returns a string rather than writes to a file

dan dan.hitt at gmail.com
Sat May 2 02:40:38 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 02:29:43 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Sat, May 02, 2020 at 02:22:42AM +0000, dan via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> I'm looking for a function something like writeln or write,
>> but instead of writing to stdout, it writes to a string and
>> returns the string.
> [...]
>
> 	import std.format : format;
> 	string str = format("%s %s %s", obj1, obj2, obj3);

Thanks HS!

That looks like a good move, if format will do the string
conversion for me.

But one thing that would be troublesome is that i would have to
make sure to count up the %s so that they match the number of
arguments.  I would like to do without that, just like writeln
does.

Anyhow, though, thanks for point out format.

dan