Error running concurrent process and storing results in array

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Wed May 6 07:57:46 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 07:42:44 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 07:27:19 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 06:54:07 UTC, drug wrote:
>>> Thing are really interesting. So there is a space to improve
>>> performance in 2.5 times :-)
>>> Yes, `array` is smart enough and if you call it on another
>>> array it is no op.
>>> What means `--fast` in Chapel? Do you try `--fast-math` in
>>> ldc? Don't know if 05 use this flag
>>
>> I tried `--fast-math` in ldc but it didn't make any difference
>> the documentation of `--fast` in Chapel says "Disable checks;
>> optimize/specialize".
>
> Just tried removing the boundscheck and got 1.5 seconds in D!

Cool! But before getting too excited I would recommend you to
also run tests if the resulting data is even still correct before
you keep this in if you haven't done this already!

If you feel like it, I would recommend you to write up some small
blog article what you learned about how to improve performance of
hot code like this. Maybe simply write a post on reddit or make a
full blog or something.

Ultimately: all the smart suggestions in here should probably be
aggregated. More benchmarks and more blog articles always help
the discoverability then.