Get unknown symbol (struct, method, class) tagged with User Defined Attributes

Doug overprose at gmail.com
Tue May 12 03:30:54 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 02:53:53 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> see std.traits.getSymbolsByUDA

Thanks for the link. I did see that one. But that function
searches within known symbols. My use case if for a library
that's used outside of my application. In that case, I wouldn't
know which symbol a library applies an annotation to. This is why
I asked for how to get a list of unknown symbols from a known UDA.

To use a REST frame work as an example, I would supply a @GET
annotation and a user would apply that annotation to a handler
method. I wouldn't know the method or module in advanced so I
wouldn't know which symbol to pass to "getSymbolsByUDA" of any of
it's sibling functions.

I'm curious to see what I'd be able to do if this is possible.