Droutines [was D, Unit_Threaded, and GtkD]

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun May 17 15:21:27 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-05-17 at 11:19 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
[…]

> Of course now there is jin.go which is a synchronous multi-tasking approach
> with channels rather than an asynchronous approach available in D.

Had I checked I would have seen this was a four years ago package that has
been left fallow since. It seems like something that should be resurrected and
made a core package for concurrency and parallelism for D.

I suspect there is significant overlap of some task, thread, fibre, and
scheduling code with std.parallelism, but is it worth trying to share code ir
just go with separate code?

It might be worth extracting the futures code out of vibe.d so that D has a
futures package in the Dub repository so that people can create asynchronous
coroutines on top of it.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200