String interpolation

ZK z at k.something
Thu May 21 18:12:01 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 17:17:49 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 17:10:31 UTC, mw wrote:
>> BTW, is the .idup must be there?
>
> It is discussed more in the github document but basically the
> proposed built-in syntax returns a generic builder thing which
> can make more than just strings. The idup specifically asks it
> to make a copy into a string as opposed to the other things it
> can provide too.

I love the extensibility of this, but perhaps there should be
something like `ii"foo".idup` that's syntactic sugar for
`i"foo".idup`. New users might get confused by the need for
appending idup, and then they'll think about how other languages
don't necessitate this perceived superfluity when using their
interpolated string.