ModuleInfo and -fno-moduleinfo option

Marius Cristian Baciu baciumariuscristian at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 22:06:45 UTC 2020

Hello,

As a general question, what is the purpose of ModuleInfo,
constructing and deconstructing each of the runtime's modules? In
other words, what are the ramifications of using gdc's
-fno-moduleinfo option?
I am asking this because I found that skipping its generation
solves the problems generated by DSO registration in environments
with no knowledge of a dynamic linker. However, I doubt this was
among the initial motives for creating this compiler option and I
would like to be aware of all implications.

Thank you,
Cristi