Dub platform probes

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Wed May 27 21:17:54 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 04:19:46 UTC, Tim wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 May 2020 at 09:17:52 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Hi,
>> What version of dub do you use? I am not 100 % sure but
>> thought platform probes do not longer write files with recent
>> dub version.
>> Do you use DMD or LDC or GDC?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andre
>
> Hi there
>
> I'm using Dub 1.19.0-1build2 with dmd
>
> Thanks

I read through the source code. The probe file is created here
https://github.com/dlang/dub/blob/master/source/dub/compilers/utils.d#L296
The function getTempFile determines a new random temp file name
and stores the file path in a global variable. A module
destructor loops through this string array list and deletes the
temp files
https://github.com/dlang/dub/blob/master/source/dub/internal/utils.d#L98

I wonder why in your case the temp files are not deleted.

Kind regards
Andre