Comparison : mysql-native + asdf and hunt-database + asdf

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Nov 7 12:29:46 UTC 2020

On Friday, 6 November 2020 at 04:58:05 UTC, Vino wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   We recently tested the below components and the test results
> are as below, even though hunt-database is faster than
> mysql-native it is hard to use this package as it lacks on
> documentation, non of the example provided in the documentation
> works, one has to go through the code and find how things works
> to use this package. We have raised this issue in the github
> and it been 3 day's still no update and the last documentation
> (README) was updated 14 month ago, but the latest release of
> this package was released on 2020-Oct-11, version 2.1.9. May I
> know whether is there is any plan for updating the
> documentation if so may know when would the documentation be
> updated, so that we can explore other features of hunt packages
> (hunt-framework vs vib.d framework).
>
> Component : mysql-native + asdf
> Executable size : 17 MB
> Execution time : 10 secs, 189 ms, 919 μs, and 3 hnsecs
>
> Component : hunt-database + asdf
> Executable size : 81 MB
> Execution time : 5 secs, 916 ms, 418 μs, and 3 hnsecs
>

> From,
> Vino.B

While doing performance measurements you should do each test
multiple time (at least 5 times). There could be for example an
effect that executing a db query the first time is a lot slower
than afterwards.

Maybe mysql native is slower, but maybe this isn't the case, just
the way performance measurements was done was incorrectly.

Kind regards
Andre