Comparison : mysql-native + asdf and hunt-database + asdf

frame frame86 at live.com
Sun Nov 8 05:07:54 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 7 November 2020 at 12:29:46 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:

> Maybe mysql native is slower, but maybe this isn't the case,
> just the way performance measurements was done was incorrectly.

I have tried mysql-native and it tooks way to long for simple
things.
My test setup is a remote linux vm with a local database and a
windows machine with a SSH tunnel connected to that linux
database (TCP)

I have tested a very simple SELECT query:

windows (remote):
connect: 50ms
execute: 25ms
-------------
normal since network latency of ~25ms

linux (local):
connect: 1ms
execute: 44ms (should be <1ms)
abnormal

And if you assume network problems: mysql client -h127.0.0.1 says
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
as expected

Something wrong with this library.