C++ or D?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:04:16 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 10 November 2020 at 01:00:50 UTC, Mark wrote:
> I haven't looked into the newest C++. In theory, they might
> have added something helpful in the past years.

I guess you could say that the latest version of C++ allows you
to write code that is a little bit less verbose than before. C++
itself won't really change drastically because of backwards
compatibility. In my opinion it is not a suitable language for
hobbyists, as you need to spend a lot of time with it (measured
in years) to become proficient... and basically, if you don't use
C++ on a regular basis, there are details that are easy to
forget. D has some of those issues too, but D can be used more
like a high level language.