Questions about D

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 20:04:28 UTC 2020

On 11/27/20 2:56 PM, Walter wrote:
> On Friday, 27 November 2020 at 19:46:52 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:
>> Why not? What are you looking for?
> I'm looking for a general purpose which I can use everywhere

Depends on how you define "everywhere".

If you mean can it be used in all manner of purposes, yes, it can. It is
used in video games, in web development, in command line tools, high
performance computing, server software, etc.

If you mean can it be used on all the platforms you want to use, it
depends on the platform. In general, if gcc or llvm supports your
platform, you can probably get it to work. Some platforms are not as
mature in D as others, or may require more effort.

So it's hard to definitively answer your question.

-Steve