Is garbage detection a thing?

Mark was330 at via.tokyo.jp
Sun Nov 29 16:35:26 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 29 November 2020 at 16:21:59 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 November 2020 at 16:05:04 UTC, Mark wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot for reading, and sorry for a lot of text that is
>> off-topic and is not related to D.
>
> Sounds like what you want is ASAN? You can use it with plain C
> or D(LDC).
> https://clang.llvm.org/docs/AddressSanitizer.html

I could use AddressSanitizer indirectly by using Go. But their
compiler gave me wrong line numbers for errors and I have not yet
overcome this psycholocicaly, to be honest. They have a fixed
version, which is a WIP which is already using generics.

So I went on and saw that Visual C++ now features
AdressSanitizer. It showed faulty behavior very soon, a false
positive AFAIR. It's in experimental stage. /d2MPX is out of the
early development stage but it's no prominent feature.

I went on with Nim, which then gave me wrong line numbers for
error messages. I'm not counting wrong, they really do, both
Golang and Nim gave me errors that triggered me. ;)

I began a little C compiler project based on c4, knowing that I
would be very old when this should ever be finished.

Actually I am looking for a good compiler for Windows or maybe
macOS, and looking at JAI, too.

Maybe I should just install Linux. But ... the drivers... My
Thinkpad just doesn't like any Linux. I run out of ideas.

In the first place all I wanted to do is make some music.

Kind regards