Is garbage detection a thing?

Mark was330 at via.tokyo.jp
Sun Nov 29 22:38:03 UTC 2020

> Elimination of memory problems is much more valuable than
> detection. Recovering from memory errors at run time is
> unreliable.

I'm not sure but I have a gut feeling that I am just in a
position that is not good to defend. I want small software that
fails hard on weak causes, and the industry wants software that
fails soft on strong causes. I cannot win any argument and will,
as hobbyist who likes elegant code, face frustration after
frustration, admittedly in all digital products, not only
compilers.

I'm sure you're right. Elimination of memory problems is what
must be provided. I agree.

> The advantage of D is that all options are open. This allows
> the following approach:
> This makes starting a project in D a safe choice, in multiple
> meanings of the word.
>
> — Bastiaan.

Thanks! :) Well, in the end, there should be a way like this.