Fiber based HTTP client for load testing

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:22:03 UTC 2020

On 9/30/20 8:35 PM, Arun wrote:

> As seen, the downside is that the more threads we use the more memory
> the app consumes. Is there a way to replace the threads with fibers in
> this particular case so that instead of spawning 1000 threads, we spawn
> 1000 fibers with just 1 thread?

Right on the main page, it says it can work with vibe.d. So that would
be with fibers.

How you create a fiber task for use in vibe.d I don't know. I've only
ever used it with the web framework in mind.

"just using fibers" isn't going to make it any faster. You still need an
event framework to yield the fibers when they are waiting on i/o.

-Steve