question on dub and postgresql

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Oct 7 19:49:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 07:15:42PM +0000, aberba via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> It seems the D ecosystem is not immediately obvious to some people.
> Dub, compilers, and IDEs are recurring issues.

This is stuff that needs to be documented up-front and in-your-face. For
example, if we're going to be serious about dub, all code examples on
the front page of dlang.org ought to use it.  Invocation syntax should
be shown right there on the front page.  It should permeate all
documentation and frequently alluded to.

Similarly, if we're serious about code.dlang.org, then it also needs to
permeate all code examples on dlang.org throughout.  It needs to be
treated as first-class citizen.  Otherwise, it can only be perceived as
this nebulous side thing of unclear relevance that people will tend to
ignore.

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation: I have preferences.  You have biases.  He/She has prejudices. -- Gene Wirchenko