vibe.d / experience / feedback

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Mon Oct 12 11:32:07 UTC 2020

On Monday, 12 October 2020 at 11:21:40 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2020 at 13:13:27 CEST, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
> <ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it is a good fit for web services with medium sized code
>> bases.
>
> We don't have a lot of "big project" experience with Go yet,
> but we would use it for a plain-old desktop application.
>
> Even most people seem to use Go for the web services stuff, I
> think it might be underrate for desktop apps.
>
> Viele Grüsse.

Just to avoid a wrong impression, there are also a lot of
projects using vibe-d with great success (small companies and big
size enterprises).
In my case I needed a websocket server, which will run on
Kubernetes. The documentation was available and usable. Also a
sample was available as far as I remember. I had here the "get
things done" experience.

Kind regards
Andre