vibe.d / experience / feedback

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Tue Oct 13 17:08:04 UTC 2020

On 13 Oct 2020 at 09:57:14 CEST, "aberba" <karabutaworld at gmail.com> wrote:

> D is a great language that is capable of solving any problem
> easier than what it'll take to do in equivalent languages.

Don't get me wrong, D is great, it has a lot of technically cool things on
board.

As said, those technical things won't be our major decision aspect. The
non-technical aspects are more important when looking from a company
perspective.

> D is a language you learn once and use every.

The question is: Which language and eco-system take how much time to learn to
become productive? As team? How to handle a code-base that requires multi-year
maintenance?

> Just hope the  ecosystem gets better to meet business needs...

Well, from a business perspective "hope" is a very bad advisor.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com