Error on dub build - Trying Vibe-d for the first time

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Oct 14 18:08:40 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 05:30:37PM +0000, Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14 October 2020 at 16:39:39 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 14 October 2020 at 15:27:46 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
[...]
> > > Please add this to your dub.json file:
> > > "versions": [ "VibeHighEventPriority" ]
> > >
> > > You may have to restart your pc 1 time. After that the issue
> > > should not occur anymore. (It is a known bug).
[...]
> > Where is this documented?
>
> I dont know whether it is documented somewhere. It was asked multiple
> times in the forum therefore I remembered.
>
> Maybe it could be documented in the vibe.d github wiki or on the
> vibe.d website. But hopefully the bug is solved soon.
[...]

Yeah, this is a problem.  Things like these need to be put in the docs
in an easy-to-find way. Like collected in a Troubleshooting page or
something.  If a bug isn't filed yet, I'd file a bug on vibe.d so that
this will get resolved instead of forgotten, and then it will bite the
next newcomer all over again.

Many open minds should be closed for repairs. -- K5 user