Error on dub build - Trying Vibe-d for the first time

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Thu Oct 15 13:55:06 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 15 October 2020 at 13:17:57 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 10/14/20 2:25 PM, Andre Pany wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 14 October 2020 at 18:08:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Yeah, this is a problem.  Things like these need to be put in
>>> the docs in an easy-to-find way. Like collected in a
>>> Troubleshooting page or something.  If a bug isn't filed yet,
>>> I'd file a bug on vibe.d so that this will get resolved
>>> instead of forgotten, and then it will bite the next newcomer
>>> all over again.

>> https://github.com/search?q=VibeHighEventPriority&type=issues
>>
>> It seems with eventcore 0.9.9 there was some fix, but I do not
>> know whether this solves the bug or s.th. related to the bug.
>>

> Is this the commit you are talking about?
>
> https://github.com/vibe-d/eventcore/pull/122
>
> I haven't tested turning the version definition off. But it
> probably should be easy enough to do a vanilla vibe-d install
> and see if it works.
>
> I hope this is the fix, because this bug has been a huge
> problem, especially for people trying vibe for the first time.
>
> -Steve

I meant this one:
https://github.com/vibe-d/eventcore/pull/154

I testing it at the moment, while there still "leaking" warnings,
the ports are released after terminating the application with
Ctrl+c. So far I was not able to reproduce the issue with vibe.d
0.9.2 (eventcore 0.9.9).

Kind regards
Andre