Undefined references in Druntime for microcontrollers

Severin Teona teona.severin9 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 06:25:17 UTC 2020

Hi guys,

I have been trying to port the current druntime for
microcontrollers (that very little RAM and flash memory). I have
been using the 'ldc-build-runtime' tool and finally I managed to
compile something that looks alright.

The problem is that I compiled the druntime with the flag
'BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF' (as the microcontrollers don't work with
dynamic libraries), and when I try to link the druntime with the
application for the microcontroller, I get many errors about
undefined references (references that would normally be present
in those dynamic libraries). Few of them are:
- 'munmap'
- 'clock_gettime'
- `pthread_mutex_trylock'
etc.

Could you help me by telling me what libraries (and how) should I
statically compile and link to the druntime? The
microcontroller's CPU is an ARM Cortex-M4, and the libraries
should be able to be compiled for this architecture.

Thank you so much!