Compiler is calling `_memset64` in betterC

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 14:20:30 UTC 2020

On Monday, 19 October 2020 at 14:07:38 UTC, matheus wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 October 2020 at 19:24:28 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
> wrote:
>>> I plan to start a project in reasonable size, I wonder if I
>>> should really use betterC... if I encounter a bug like this,
>>> will I be stuck at it?
>>
>> The bug report says, it is a dmd specific problem, and LDC, my
>> favorite d compiler, works well (tried it).
>
> So the "first party" compiler has a bug while the "third party"
> one works. That's weird.
>
> I would expect the other way around.
>
> Matheus.

Ldc is used and tested more. An answer to this thread explains
the situation.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62265658/undefined-reference-to-memset64-when-creating-a-struct-array-under-dmd-with?r=SearchResults

"I would highly recommend that you do not use DMD and instead
stick to either LDC or GDC. They have far more tested and
performant code generator, and have support for many more
platforms. The debug info they generate will also be much better,
and they have support for your use case (bare metal). – Geod24
Jun 10 at 3:30"