Question about: ("1.1").to!int;

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Oct 21 23:24:36 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 22:50:27 UTC, matheus wrote:

> Since (1.1).to!int = 1, shouldn't the string value
> ("1.1").to!int at least try to convert to float/double and then
> to int?

I don't think so. A silent string->double conversion isn't IMO
consistent with D's design.

"1.1".to!double.to!int works fine, and I like that you have to be
explicit, because there is so much room for error.

Note that "1".to!double.to!int works as expected. Therefore you
should be able to use that all the time.