More elaborate asserts in unittests?

MoonlightSentinel moonlightsentinel at disroot.org
Thu Oct 22 11:10:36 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 04:20:35 UTC, Mathias LANG wrote:
> Unfortunately this switch still has some bugs, so you can
> easily run into linker errors. I'm hoping to ultimately make it
> the default though.

Which is more of a template emission problem because
`-checkaction=context` uses a templated hook in druntime
(`core.internal.dassert._d_assert_fail`).

`-checkaction=context` should support any unary and binary
expression and properly  format all data types (unless we've
missed some special case).
Note that it currently does  not support complex expressions (e.g
`assert(0 <= a && a < 10);` but I/someone else might implement
that in the future.