dub run subPackage by default

ParticlePeter ParticlePeter at gmx.de
Tue Sep 1 19:38:39 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 14:45:43 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 11:45:34 UTC, ParticlePeter
> wrote:
[snip]

> I have a enhancement for dub in my mind, which would also solve
> your issue. Similiar to setup.py in python you would be able to
> define an entry point in dub.json.
> "entryPoints": {"foo":"subPackageName"}
>
> Command `dub install mypackage` would create a batch file/bash
> script with name foo containing the command `dub run
> mypackage:subPackageName -- %*`.
>
> Unfortunately I do not have any time to work on this.
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

So, I take it that such a feature does not exist already.
Your suggestion sounds nice, but why do you think it would be
necessary to go through a batch file or script? I think it should
be possible from within dub, to feed the chosen compiler backend
with the proper commands to either build or run the appropriate
entryPoint.

- PP