Bug in import(...) on Windows?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:47:47 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 2 September 2020 at 17:39:04 UTC, Andrey Zherikov
wrote:
> Is this a bug in dmd?

I think it is an old bug filed (I can't find it though) about
inconsistent platform behavior but it is allowed by spec for the
compiler to reject any path components.

import("") is supposed to just give a filename, no directory path.

See: https://dlang.org/spec/expression.html#import_expressions

"Implementations may restrict the file name in order to avoid
directory traversal security vulnerabilities. A possible
restriction might be to disallow any path components in the file
name."