GC.LDC2 on Android

Danny Arends Danny.Arends at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:17:45 UTC 2020

Hey all,

I'm porting my 3D engine to Android (so far most of the work is
going smoothly). However, I had random crashes which I first
suspected was due to how I do multi-threading, but after
debugging it turns out that the Garbage Collector is the issue.

The crash always happens after entering the function:

_D2gc4impl12conservativeQw3Gcx11fullcollectMFNbbZm

The critical sections of the 3D engine are @nogc, but for some
non-critical parts of the application I still use the GC.

Does anyone have any experience with using D on android, and
using the garbage collector ???