Trouble with Android and arsd.jni

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Thu Sep 10 13:45:15 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 10 September 2020 at 13:14:00 UTC, burt wrote:
> However, the app is still crashing when I load it, and there
> appears to be an issue in Runtime.initialize(), which is called
> from JNI_OnLoad(), which is defined in arsd.jni. The debugger
> tells me that it was calling `getStaticTLSRange`, which calls
> `safeAssert` in the `__foreachbody`, which fails and eventually
> aborts.

That safeAssert would print a useful message, but I guess you can
obtain the msg/reason via debugging as well. - This is most
likely due to *not* using the required bfd linker (which is used
by default when linking via LDC and otherwise selectable via
`-linker=bfd`). If you're linking manually via clang, try
`-fuse-ld=bfd`.