enum and const or immutable ‘variable’ whose value is known at compile time

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:28:04 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 17 September 2020 at 13:25:08 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> Well, I was already using anonymous enums for compile-time

And, I should add, I have *never* seen C enums as an enumerated
list of values. I've always seen them as an alternative for
#defined constants because they're anonymous. It's *named* enums
that I view as enumerated lists of values. So, in terms of
vocabulary definitions, that was already a non-issue for me
before I even discovered D.