Good repos to learn D

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Sep 19 13:13:58 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 19 September 2020 at 08:26:36 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> What are some good examples of pretty large/medium size, good
> structured repos in D? I'm looking for examples to learn from
>
> Thanks!

Here are some examples of large projects:

* DWT [1]. This is one of the largest D projects I'm aware of.
It's a port from Java so it's structured like a Java project. I
think it works pretty well for D projects as well. But it's not
common to have the reverse domain name package structure like in
Java. It's more common to have the top level package be named
after the project.

* Mecca [2]. This one is not as large as DWT, but I think it
nicely shows how to separate the platform specific code from the
platform independent code. Instead of having `version` statements
sprinkled all over the code most platform specific code is
located in the `platform` packages. Then it provides a common
interface that is used by the rest of the project.

* Ocean [3]. This one is quite large as well.

[1] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt
[2] https://github.com/weka-io/mecca
[3] https://github.com/sociomantic-tsunami/ocean

--