Cannot call @system funciton (stdout)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 14:08:39 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 19 September 2020 at 13:56:53 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
> Is there a way to detect programmatically if I'm in an
> environment where I need to manually set line buffering?

Part of the problem is the IDE console and cygwin too I believe
both *look* like a pipe to the program instead of like an
interactive terminal, thus why it gets block instead of line
buffered.

Someone once told me of a trick to detect cygwin specifically but
I can't access it right now and I'm not sure it would work
reliably anyway....

Just yeah set your expectations low because if it was easy to
tell programmatically the libc would already do it right.