Is it possible to "overload" based on visibility?

60rntogo 60rntogo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 07:43:51 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 23 September 2020 at 19:27:13 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> This is a bug in the language.

Is this a known bug? If not, it should be reported.

I came up with an answer to my original question that sort of
works:

---
module foo;

struct Foo
{
   private int x;
}

int x(Foo f)
{
   return f.x;
}
---

The downside is that if I don't want to import all of foo at
once, then I have to import both Foo and x, but then I can read x
from outside the module and modify it form inside as I wanted.
Are there any drawbacks of this approach that I'm not seeing?