A scheduled control signal with fibers?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:43:41 UTC 2020

On Friday, 25 September 2020 at 11:58:53 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem to solve that may be solved using fibers. I
> have no previous experience with fibers. We are working on a
> variable-rate weeder. A camera is installed in front of a
> tractor. A flame weeder is connected to the behind of a
> tractor. Doing image processing (on RP3), we determine a weed
> density rate and send a PWM signal to the LPG valve to adjust
> the intensity of the flame. It is working well under lab
> conditions so far. However, my control signal has to be
> continuous with a delayed time shift. Because the tractor is
> moving with a ground-speed, and the flame applicator will reach
> the scene seen by the camera after about 1.5 seconds (I cannot
> change the location of the camera for some bad and mandatory
> design decisions). My pseudo-code is like:
>
> [...]

A naive implementation would be to store 1500 ms worth of data
with the pwm values, like a buffer. I guess memory is not a
problem if you're using a RP3? Then just loop through and yield
depending on your sample rate (you didn't say what it was)