A scheduled control signal with fibers?

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 10:52:58 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 27 September 2020 at 10:40:25 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 9/27/20 3:06 AM, Ferhat Kurtulmuş wrote:

> Have you considered passing messages with
> std.concurrency.send() and std.concurrency.receive() and
> friends? You wouldn't need 'queue' because all of your threads
> already have mail boxes to send messages to each other.

I remember that your book covers passing messages with send().
Probably I will rewrite it using that mechanism, you are right, I
noticed that when I run the code I can hear the boosted noise of
my desktop fan.

> As an improvement when defining durations, you don't need to
> "hide" units in comments:
>
>         // enum afterNmilliseconds = 1500;
>
>         // Instead:
>         enum after = 1500.msecs;
>
> msecs and friends are defined in core.time:
>
>   https://dlang.org/phobos/core_time.html#.dur

Thank you for the tip. That was just a preudo-code to explain my
situation.

Thanks a lot.
Ferhat