Accessing non-binary Unicode properties with std.uni

Chloé Kekoa rightfold+ck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 18:23:43 UTC 2020

The documentation of std.uni [1] says that the unicode struct
provides sets for several binary properties. I am looking for a
way to query non-binary properties of a character. Is that
possible with std.uni or do I need to use a third-party library?

I am specifically interested in the East_Asian_Width property [2]
(which has six allowed values). Trying to access
std.uni.unicode.East_Asian_Width results in the error message:

[1]: https://dlang.org/library/std/uni.html
[2]: https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr11/tr11-38.html