vibe.de multiple ports.

seany seany at uni-bonn.de
Wed Sep 30 11:23:59 UTC 2020

Hello

I am trying to use this example for a iot application:
https://aberba.com/2018/using-vibe-d-web-interface/

The code i use is:

ushort port               =       5504;

void main(char[][] args)
{

         auto router = new URLRouter;
         router.post("/archive", &savedata);
         router.get("/archive", &savedata);

         auto settings = new HTTPServerSettings;
         settings.port = port;
         settings.bindAddresses = ["::1", "0.0.0.0"];
         listenHTTP(settings, router);

         runApplication();
}

This is fine. But now that we have ~ 100 IoT devices in the
field, I would like to assign each a new port. The devices should
be communicating over HTTP as the vendor software running
thereupon uses http.

What is the best practice to make a vibe.d server listen to
multiple ports? Make a loop scanning each loop seems wasteful. Is
there a function in vibe.d that can take multiple ports, and
launch a set of threads assigned to each port?

Thank you