Is this bug ? format %(%)

Berni44 someone at somemail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:32:54 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 7 April 2021 at 17:31:09 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> It's not your fault--this is a pretty obscure feature, and it's
> not documented very well. Even after you've found the correct
> page in the documentation (the page for `formattedWrite` [1]),
> you have to scroll down past multiple examples to find the text
> that explains it.
>
> [1] https://dlang.org/phobos/std_format.html#formattedWrite

The docs of `std.format` are currently under strong revision,
about 90% is already done, but that "feature" is among the other
10%. I hope to get that ready till the end of the month, so the
next stable release will have better docs.

Unfortunately it's much more difficult to change that strange
behavior without breaking code. Currently I hope for Phobos 2.0
coming soon and meanwhile try to prepare `std.format` for that
change.