GC memory fragmentation

ryuukk_ ryuukk_ at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 23:59:18 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 13:50:12 UTC, tchaloupka wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 12:20:39 UTC, Nathan S. wrote:
>>
>> One thing that comes to mind: is your application compiled as
>> 32-bit? The garbage collector is much more likely to leak
>> memory with a 32-bit address space since it much more likely
>> for a random int to appear to be a pointer to the interior of
>> a block of GC-allocated memory.
>
> Nope it's 64bit build.
> I've also tried to switch to precise GC with same result.
>
> Tom

Try to tweak the GC, first could try with the precise one?

Also try to enable GC profiling with profile:1 to know what
exactly eats memory, i suspect you have a memory leak somewhere,
maybe in one of the native libs you are using for your SQL
queries?

---
extern(C) __gshared string[] rt_options = [
       "gcopt=gc:precise heapSizeFactor=1.2 profile:1"
];
---